Friday, February 18, 2011

Home Again

After a week of hard sailing we are finally back in Key West Florida. We spent three wonderful days in the Bahamas. We delivered a full sailboat of supplies and had a chance to spend hours on the beach. We collected buckets of shells. There was the most incredible shells I have ever seen. It was SO hard not to take the whole beach home with me :)
Unfortunately I didn't take a single picture. I know. What's wrong with me? I spend four days in the Bahamas and don't even take my camera out of it's case....Crazy!!
On the sail home (Day after Valentines Day) we saw over two dozen heart shaped balloons floating in the water. We would be sailing along (an incredible feeling, I love it)and all of a sudden a deflated, shiny heart shaped balloon would float by. Two dozen of them!! If you ever wondered what happened to balloons after people buy them, the answer is that they end up in the ocean and wash up on the beach somewhere.
All in all it was a great trip and to finish it all off, I got to have a wonderful breakfast this morning and got to buy the new Hawk Nelson CD. "Crazy Love". :)
PS: I thought I would post a pic of our sailboat so that you could all see what she looks like. Her name is Emmanuel...isn't that great? God with us. She's 47 feet and has a six foot draft. We were given this boat from a man in Greece (who we never even knew until he called us to ask if we wanted Emmanuel) who said we could have Emmanuel if we used her for ministry. We, of course, said yes :) I just thought I would share this little story with you all...I wasn't sure if I had mentioned it before. You can check out our family's story in a little more depth at... www.millersemmanuel.blogspot.com

1 comment: