Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cross-stitch


Okay, so I am really quite boring. I don't do a ton of stuff that's all that exciting. My favorite things to do are as follows.

= reading
=writing
=listening to music
=and cross-stitching

I know. You're probably thinking "Who cross-stitches anymore?" and "That can't be fun."
Sorry to disappoint you, cross-stitching is really fun. I guess what I love the most about it, it that you never really know what it's going to look like until it's done. You can guess and sort of see where the picture is going, but until you have stitched the last stitch, you have no idea.
I'm working on a really large cross stitch right now. It's going to be a gift for my parents. It's so difficult but I think, that in the end, it will look really fantastic.
This is the first cross-stitch of this size that I have ever attempted. In the end it's going to be a girl, flowers, and all this other stuff...I don't want to tell you too much because I want you to see it for yourselves. So, I was thinking, that as I slowly stitch towards that last stitch, I would post about my cross-stitcher journey. I will only be able to post a couple times a month because I don't have much time to cross-stitch very much with all that's going on right now....darn work, it really get's in the way of my having fun ;)
So I posted my first picture and hopefully their will be plenty more where that came from.
Happy Day to you all

3 comments:

  1. I love to cross stitch! I'm currently working on a huge cross stitch and embroidery peice. I'll post about it after it's done, but I don't want right now since it's a gift for some one who follows my blog. I can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross stitch is such a great way to pass the time. I love it because I can still think and pray as I stitch.
    I can't wait to see a picture of your finished piece Riah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHH you live in NOVA SCOTIA?! You are unbelievably lucky!!!!! I wanna come!

    ReplyDelete