Thursday, July 2, 2009

My super fun day away :}










Today we ( my sisters, mom and I) all drove to Calgary. My older sister had laser surgery on her eyes so she won't have to wear glasses anymore. It's actually really neat. They cut a layer off her eye and all this other gross stuff. It's so cool that only fifteen minutes in the operating room and she can see without her glasses.





Unfortunately she had to wait around for like three hours for who knows what. I do know that it was super boring. I thought it would be nice to wait in the waiting room for her. I had Bethy (little sis) with me the whole time but honestly there is only so much two people can do in a waiting room.





At first we watched a few Skillet podcasts. For you people who aren't Panheads...Skillet is a Christian rawk band. Pretty wicked one too. Anyway we did that for awhile but then Bethy's ipod ran out of power so we started taking some pix with her camera. That was fun for awhile until that too died. So we sat there for at least half an hour doing nothing but staring out the window at the busy city of Calgary. It is a gorgeous city really and today was a super nice day...we were just stuck inside for most of it.





We did have the privilege of meeting one of the craziest people ever though. She was so talkative...remind you of someone...me? But seriously she talked to everyone in the office. She would ask questions, start discussions and heck she even offered advice. She was actually very entertaining. She really helped the time go by fast.





So yeah we ended up at the laser office for about three and half hours. My sister now can see without her glasses which is super cool. I just can't believe that she can see after a fifteen minute operation. Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment