Monday, April 4, 2011

A New Desk and Thoughts of Home

OMGosh. Most of you know that I love to write. I have a book in progress right now (almost done, I can taste the last chapter it's so close) but it has been murder to write seeing as I don't have a desk to write on (excuse the pun to those who know what my book is about), my lap is a poor substitute. I live in a very small space, either on the boat or in the trailer, both aren't very large at all... especially when you cram seven people into those small spaces. We are planning on having more space this summer, sounds like we are getting a townhouse, and I will finally be able to make a little writing nook, get myself a comfy chair and a desk.I bought the desk part of this plan the other day. I bought an old antique writing bureau. You know, where the top of the dresser flips down to form a desk but you can close it all up and it's a dresser? I have always wanted one, it reminds me of Jane Austen. It's so cute. To make it all better, I researched my desk on the internet and found out that all the desks that were like mine (almost exactly) were from the 1700's and were selling for around 6,000 dollars!!! I only paid one hundred for mine after my Dad got the place to sell it to me for cheaper. The picture here isn't a picture I took myself but it's the same as the one I bought, also the same one that was listed as being from 1770.
We are leaving for the last sailing trip before hurricane season. We leave early tomorrow morning and won't be back for another week or two. Once we get back, we began cleaning and packing. My big sis and I are probably going to fly home a little earlier than the others and get everything ready back in Canada. I am so stoked to be going back. I am a city girl through and through and can't wait to be surrounded by Starbucks, Malls, and Friends. Lame I know but it's who I am. I can't help it if I love the city... especially Red Deer, Alberta...beautiful place. It's actually the perfect blend of country and city.
It's surrounded by mountains, farms, ranches, and filled to the brim with cowboys, cowgirls, and oilfield workers. *sigh* It's bliss. The photo below is NOT Red Deer. This is Calgary, about an hour and a half south of RD. Isn't it just beautiful?
To top it all off, you have Tim Hortons and that fresh crisp air...can you tell that I am super excited to go back??!! I probably won't sleep for the next three weeks. PS: These pix were not taken by me, I just found them on the internet.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait till your home either... you'll be posting more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...yes, hopefully I will be able to post more. I'm usually busier when I'm home but at least I have internet the whole time :)

    ReplyDelete