Monday, August 1, 2011

BOOKS and MORE BOOKS

You all know how much a adore books. I read WAY more than the average human being and I'm starting to realize that maybe I have a problem. No, books are never a problem ;)
Anyway. The other day I called my local bookstore and asked if a certain book by a certain author was in....they told me no. I pouted for a bit, thought about how much I wanted that book, and read the reviews on CB.com before finally picking up another book. Unfortunately this book didn't quite measure up to the one I was waiting on pins and needles for.
So yesterday, I traveled to my local bookstore for a CD and was overjoyed, ecstatic, thrilled, stoked, surprised, and completely happy to see the TWO books I was waiting for sitting on the shelf. I fear that nothing will get done now besides the enjoyment of a good book. OH JOY!!!! :D
Now, would you care to know of what two books I was anxiously waiting for??

The Colonel's Lady by the brilliant Laura Frantz
AND

Out of Control by the amazing Mary Connealy


If you have yet to read EITHER of these authors, I suggest you do. Both woman are so wonderful and they both have wonderful blogs and websites. Make sure you check these ladies out :) I know you won't be disappointed :)


3 comments:

  1. OH HANNAH! You have a blog!! LOVE it!! I followed;) That way you can't slip under the radar, writer girl! So thrilled you have both my and Mary's books! Praying Roxie's story blesses you muchly!! Let me know how it goes after you read!! And no rush! I think half the pleasure of reading is anticipation and just drooling over those beautiful covers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read both of those books, but mostly The Colonel's Lady! I went to the book store the other day, but was only allowed to pick one book - I chose "A Breif History of Henry VIII". I had the hardest time picking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following Laura :) It's a pleasure having you here.
    I totally know what you mean when you say that you had a hard time picking Riah. I have that problem whenever I set foot in a bookstore. It's just that everything always looks so wonderful when you're inside a quite store filled with novels. :)

    ReplyDelete