Monday, November 9, 2009

School Paper

I have been doing a writing program to help me utilize my writing skills this year. It shows you how to use different styles of writing. Both to use with fiction and in school papers. I really enjoyed this lesson and thought I would share it with you. I had to write a paper about my life as a reader. I had to use different techniques that they had taught me and different word forms. I hope you like it :)

My Life As A Reader
When I was thirteen my older sister, Lori-Ann, gave me a novel to read while I relaxed outside in the summer sun. I read the book in record time and on that day began my life as an avid reader. I read anything from thrillers to romance. Swiftly, I read novel after novel; filling my head with stories of adventure and romance. Sadly, reading as much as I do is an expensive habit.
As we travel, I read and daydream about the characters and their lives. I love dipping my toes in different styles of writing and adore exploring new author's work. Every book I read is an adventure that I never want to end. Unfortunately, all books come to and end and sadly they are not always happy. Fabulous and fun, this adds to the excitement.
Because of my love for books, I someday want to write a novel of my own. Starting my career as an author has been an exciting and joy filled experience. I hope that someday soon I can be published and see my name printed on the cover of a novel. I also want to encourage people with my writing as others have encouraged me with theirs. I am so thankful to God for giving us the gift of story-telling.
The End
I hope you enjoyed this little piece of my homework :) I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
Also on a side note I would like to wish my parents a Happy Anniversary. I love you both very much. :)
Your Must Buy
Strange Town by - Neon Horse

No comments:

Post a Comment