Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Random Rambling

So last night my family and I went to the grocery store (excitement!) and as were were touring the aisle I had the sudden desire for pie (well I desired to make a pie, not necessarily buy a pie). After much debate I decided I would try my hand at making a coconut cream pie. Mom and Bethany finished putting the groceries away and then I took to the kitchen. I haven't done much (other than dishes) in the kitchen for awhile so I had a blast making the pie. After an hour in the fridge, I gave it to my four taste testers who gave it two thumbs up.
After watching an episode of physic (and feasting on pie) with my family I spent half an hour reading "The Girl in the Gatehouse" by Julie Klassen. I love Julie Klassen's novels and this one is proving to be one of her best. I love the whole Jane Austen period novels (Including Jane Austen's work) and this one is definitely one of my favourites. If you love Jane Austen you should read Julie Klassen's novels and also Beth Pattillo. Both ladies are fantastic.
I was so excited when we got to shore again and I got to go to a book store :) I purchased seven novels (pictures above and below) and as of yet I have only had the pleasure of reading one of them...I'm trying to take it slow when it comes to reading ;) I read too fast and before I know it I have nothing left to read. I have been trying to write more as well, so I don't have as much free time on my hands anymore (especially if I spend all my time on Facebook and Blogspot). I'm finding that my favourite times for reading are at night and in the morning before anyone else is awake...I love the quiet.
I'm sure you have tired of my random rambling by now so I will leave you all to your own thoughts.
Have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment