Saturday, January 15, 2011

Writing Memiors

*sigh* Finally I feel as if I have reached that point in my latest book where I am loving every moment of it. I must confess. Those first 20-25 pages are dreadful for me. I just want to get into the heart of the novel you know. I want to be able to worm in my conflict and watch as my characters grow from the experiences that I throw into their paths. This book, for some reason, has really been a blast to write. The other novels I wrote were so based on history and there was so much research involved that I felt like I wasn't doing more research than writing. This novel though (I have yet to choose a title) has been purely imagination. Well, OK, I had to do some research but there has been more imagination then research. The plot is more of a Thriller this time and the character are to die for. They are so relatable (more so then the other two novels I wrote).
I have a great feeling about this novel. I think this one is more from my heart then the others. Maybe one day soon I will see it in my nearest bookstore ;) I girl can dream can't she?
Last night I spent the whole night thinking about the next page, the next chapter...it's all I can think about. Even now I have plot twists and dialogue floating around in my brain. If I don't stop blogging soon, and start on my novel, I might go insane. So on that note, I bid you a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.. its so nice to be reading your posts again. I've missed you! Sorry I'm not the best commenter... but know I read every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Riah. I love reading Lys and your's blog (is that proper grammer?) I read for like two hours when I got internet, catching up on all the posts I missed.

    ReplyDelete