Thursday, January 27, 2011

Writing, My Family, and Black

First, I am happy to say that my novel is coming along incredibly well. I am having tons of fun. The last novel I wrote was fun to write as well, but was so different from this one. There was so much history and research involved that it took away from the joy of writing. It felt like I spent more time typing in my search engine then on my word document. With this new novel, I am finally getting into the joy and fun of writing. I'm loving every moment of it (and when I do get to do research it's pretty fun and interesting).
Second, I realized the other day how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family. Every member of my family is special and wonderful in their own way and each one has different attributes that I love. Every night we all gather together and have a good time. We watch TV ('Starsky and Hutch' being the current show that has graced our TV) and laugh and get to spend some quality time together. I look forward to that time every day. I think I might have one of the coolest families ever. I love them all like crazy and can't wait to see what the future hold for us. Whatever it is I hope we are doing it together.
haha...we watch the weirdest TV

My older sister and I bought my younger sister 'Black' and 'Red' by Ted Dekker and I have just started to re-read 'Black'. It is such a good book. The writing style is so different then most author's I find. I don't know how to describe it. Three author's could type out the same story and I would immediately know which one is Dekker's...He has such a distinct writers voice. Because the book I am writing is a thriller, I find that reading Dekker's books gives me a lot of food for thought for how I am writing my own novel. I know that every author has their own author's voice, I just hope that some of Dekker's style rubs off on me. As I read 'Black' I find I'm studying it more than reading it for pleasure (I already got to do that once).
As a finish up my completely random post, I wish you all a wonderful evening (Go and spend it with your family and loved ones). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment